Tuesday, January 7, 2014

1-7-14

Wow day two of my new year, new schedule, new gym routine.  Do I feel good?  No.  I hurt.  I'm tired.  And I am still fighting the junk.  

Do I feel good about the change?  I don't like change. 


 Do I feel good that I am charting a new course?  yea :D  I don't feel good about me right now but I feel good about where I am going.  This is time to get it done.


I did sleep in again today.  Again 6am is sleeping in for me.  I want to get back going to the gym before work but I am sliding back into this.  I have done well with my nutrition.  I have gotten in at least 30 min or more of exercise.  I have also gotten in time in prayer and or the Word.  These are the goals for this year and I am staying with it.


I am happy with just keeping this goals for a daily goal for my work days.  I know that I have three days off that I can do more.  I am going to be hitting it harder on Friday and Saturday.  These are going to be my power days of workout.  I will be making multiple trips at different places.  I want to get back in the pool, get in some lap swims and some water aerobics.  


Tonight I really wanted to make excuses not to go to the gym but I talked myself into.  "go"  "do at least 30min"  "it's not that bad".  I was tired.  I am still getting use to these 10 hour days but I love them.  It's an adjustment but I'm gonna make it.  

I get to the gym and find my treadmill.  I take a few minutes to ease into it and picked up the pace.  I kept a pretty steady pace the whole time.  I try not to watch the timer but I couldn't help it.  "only 10 min?"  "keep going, do at least 20 before you stop".
Turn up the music and keep going.  I hit the 30 min mark and tell myself to at least 5 more minutes.  I did and then I realized the distance and decided to keep going.  I did end up doing an hour without stopping at 2-2.5 miles till the last 5 min.  I wanted to stop at the 56min mark but I just lowered the speed to a slow walk.  "cool down and keep going"  "it's only a few more minutes" "you got it now".   Yeah I finished out the hour and my legs were starting to feel it.   At about 10 minutes left I felt what I didn't want to feel ... my knee popped.  I stopped for a few seconds and tried it again. 
Since the knee was starting to pop ... and I was getting hungry and tired from being up so long ... I called it a night.  I skipped weights and came home for dinner.  What did I have?  Tuna.  I had to share with my kitty but that's ok.  I wanted to stop for tacos.  I'm glad they were busy, I didn't need any more carbs.

So far so good.  Tomorrow is another day and I need to go write a letter to myself from the skinny me.  have a super night and keep praying for me

No comments:

Post a Comment