Thursday, January 23, 2014

1-23-14

bbbbrrrr bbbrrr bbbaahhhuuurrrrr  it's cold out and what I really like to do when it's cold out is snuggle under a warm blanket in front of a crackling fire.  Unfortunately I can't a good workout like that.  I really really really wanted to snuggle in.  What did I do?  I got off work, picked up my packet for the Hunger Run for Saturday and headed to the gym.

I can't say that today was where I really wanted it to be at the same time it wasn't a bad day.  I don't know what it is about a day of skipping the gym and the next day being hungry all day.  I ate more than I usually but didn't really get outside of my calorie range.  

Breakfast yeah eggs, wheat toast but to day I also had some ground turkey and mushrooms with it.  Also had the turkey and mushrooms for morning snack.  Hey I said I was hungry.  

My weak choice of the day was lunch.  I was in the middle of a call and my neighbor asked if I wanted anything from Chick fil a.  Before I thought about what I was shaking my head yes to I was also answering yes to "you're usual?"  So off to the next call not really thinking about what I was doing.  Next thing I know I have a small waffle fries and chicken nuggets.  Yes I ate them.  

 Now I don't feel bad about it.  I had 5 liters of water today by the time I had left the gym.  I got extra exercise from that ...lol  So I guess that finally filled me up.  After work I stopped to get my packet and had some Belvita crackers and was off to the gym.  It was enough to fill me for the day.

So the gym.  I didn't want to go.  Remember?  It was cold.  It IS cold.  I wanted to be warm.  Oh wait when I sweat I am a bit warmer.  Oh ok I'll sweat :/

My thoughts were to do a double workout but I talked myself out of it.  I don't want to over work it, done that toooo many times trying to "make up" for time off.  I settled for 30 on treadmill using my HIT method and 1hr on the bike.  I also got in two sets on two weight stations.  Keeping going for the hour I had to talk myself into "just five more"  "oh you've come this far go a few more"  " let's go, we can do this".  I talked myself into finishing the hour and crawled home.

Now it's time for warm blanky and sleep.  I got tomorrow off and plan on doing three workouts.  Drop my daughter off at work and put in one then.  I have a session with my trainer.  Take off the afternoon and then hit it again tomorrow evening.  Nope not gonna over work it.  I got this.

Also for the ones that feel that I am trying to give up I am by no  means not.  I have never made a conscious effort to say I am done.  I had a weak moment, like we all do.  I am however happy that I have people that care enough to give me a push.

No comments:

Post a Comment