Sunday, January 12, 2014

1-11-14

ok so I am still running a day behind but today I hope to catch up .. hhmm didn't I say that yesterday? :D
Anyway, life is full of twists and turns and we just have to learn how to deal with them.  Do we let them get the best of us or do we attack them head on?  Only you can make that decision for yourself.
As my blog read yesterday that we did sleep in.  This was a big mistake for me.  I really didn't want to get going.  I was looking for excuse and almost got away with it.  thankfully the girls helped me with it.  We ended up at the gym with me feeling defeated before I ever got started.  My body hates me right now.  I'm ok with that for the most part.  I know the soreness will go away.  It's the part that get worse when I'm trying to get better.  If it's not the foot with a cyst its the knee that has degenerative arthritis.  Unfortunately these are things I can't ignore.
I started out on the treadmill thinking I could do at least 30 minutes there.  Nope that didn't happen.  I lasted about 4 minutes and had to stop.  This didn't help my defeated feeling I had.  My determination kicked in and I went to the bike.  
"you can do this ... it's sitting down and your foot won't hurt"  
My goal now was going to be an hour on the bike.  Something easy but I'm moving.  How could my foot disagree with that? Well it didn't, my knee however had different plans for me.  WHAT???  Good news is that I did go for 35 minutes.  It really wasn't the hour I wanted but then again I reminded myself that my daily was is at least 30 minutes so I would stop beating myself up.
At this point I tell the girls I'm ready when they are.  Long story short my daughter talked me into working on the weights.  My knee and foot was ok with too :D
I spent the next 30 minutes of so working on legs, gluts and abs.  I did walk away feeling much better than if I hadn't done anything at all.
We did great on eating choices for the day.  Well breakfast and lunch.  Afternoon my stomach started telling me it wasn't happy with me and ... well ... I'll leave it at that. lol  So when my friend called about getting out for dinner I was feeling better.  Still not great but better.  
At this point I ended up with my comfort food choice.  Burger and fries.  I know there were choices I could have made ... should have made but I didn't.  I did skip the usual chips an salsa that I get at Parkway.  I even skipped the queso that I dearly love.  So I didn't totally cave.  I was in my daily calorie but that's not the point.
I think part of my reason behind the skipping part of the fact that the smaller pants I was wearing were still a bit tight and I didn't have room for more  lol.  No not that I didn't have room for more but that I wanted to make more room in them hehehe
So all in all the day wasn't all bad.  Not the weekend packed with gym time I had in my head I would be doing.  But still in the daily goal range I set for my year.

No comments:

Post a Comment