Saturday, January 25, 2014

1-25-14

Ok I lived thru the day.  I finished my 5k.  I even managed to keep in my nutrition goal.

I wanted to get up and have a good breakfast but that didn't happen.  I had my Belvita cookies on my way to the Run.  Lots of water and I was ready to go.  I wasn't very far in the run and started asking myself if I really wanted to do this.  I did the fighting with myself " I wanna stop" "no no keep going"
"what am I doing?" " I may be last but I am ahead of the guys on the couch".  Yeah I do that a lot.  "I got this" "I got this""I got this""I got this" Yeah I did finish.


I thought I would cook something when I got home I was a bit hungry at this point.  No that didn't happen.  I was doing good to walk from the car to the couch where I immediately dropped and tried to take off my shoes.  I managed to get one off and my son helped me with the other one.  At this point I begged for a much needed foot bath.  Yes my kiddos love me.  AAaahhh a nice warm foot bath with some Epson salt that's just what I needed.

I really was hungry at this point but knew there was no way that I was going to be standing up to cook.  I had come more of my cookies.  Only 230 calories with plenty of fiber AAANNNDDD I didn't have to stand to cook it.

After some much needed rest I talked my son into some lunch.  My son was cooking so this meant a trip to Sonic.  I thought I didn't eat to much so far so I went for a grilled chicken sandwich and small order of onion rings.  No I still hadn't left the couch at this point. I laid here for a couple of hours before I really moved.  I have to say I hurt ... BUTTTTT I finished :D

My biggest at this point turned out to be dinner.  I had so many calories for lunch thinking I wouldn't be eating much for dinner.  Oh no they kids wanted to go out to Jalapeno Tree.  I love this place.  I really love mexican food.  I can't say I love the healthy stuff.  No No I love stuff like tamales ... rice ... chips and salsa.  I can easily eat a bowl of chips and salsa before I ever order my food.  Today I was really good.  I had about 10 chips and some salsa.  Yea ME!!!!

I did well on dinner too.  I found a really good dish with chicken and shrimp.  Grilled no coating or anything greasy, just seasoned and grilled.  And instead of the rice that I would have loved to order I had the steamed veggies.  It was all really good.  I actually ended up not being able to eat it all.   I haven't added it all up for the day but I am pretty sure I was on track for everything.

Thanks to all that encouraged me to keep going.  I got this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment