Monday, January 6, 2014

1-6-14

Today wasn't the early start that I had wanted to but I feel good about the day.  I started my new schedule at work.  I work 4 ten hr days but I have Friday, Saturday and Sunday off.   I know I tend to dream big and sometimes over push myself but I am having to listen to my body right now.  I really wanted to get in a workout before work but my body is still getting over the junk from last week and I need to listen to it.  Last night was the closest that I have come to having a decent nights sleep in over a week.
Today started out pretty well for sleeping in till 6.  Yes that is sleeping since I had wanted to hit the gym by 4 and get in a workout.  Eggs with some baby spinach and wheat toast and I ran out the door to make it to work with one min to spare when I sat down ... whew that was close.
As I had stated this is not just about the physical.  I was talking with a friend of my that is doing a fast (can't remember what she called it) where you eat before sun up and after sun day.  For me this wasn't that big a challenge.  It's dark when I come AND go from work these days.   Lunch time I spent in my car reading the study my group is doing at church.  
After work I stopped by Subway for a Ft long turkey sub and had half and wrapped up the other half for tomorrow.  Then it was off to the gym.  
It wasn't the workout that I use to do but I have to ease myself in to some degree.  I know the knee will only last for so long till surgery but right now I am not really wanting that.  I do make my goal for the day.  I got in at least 30 of exercise and 30 mins in the Word.  I feel good.
Keep praying and give a call to work out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment