Thursday, January 16, 2014

1-16-14

ok today wasn't to bad.  I wanted to make a trip to the gym bright and early before going to the Dr.  I was there to beg him for a shot for my knee.  He loved me enough to let me have it one.  I soooo love him for it.

I woke up, after a rough night of leg cramps, with my legs still hurting from over doing the last time at the gym.  So getting the gym was early was not an option.  That an I was really sleepy.  I ended up calling in for a vacation day for the rest of the day.
After delivering some birthday balloons to a co-worker I was off to the gym.  I wanted to work on getting my pace up for the 5k next weekend but stopped after 2.25 miles.  My goal is to get it done under an hour but I am not sure it's going to happen.  I am ok with it as long as I can finish.  The least time I have done a 5k was 1hr 10min.  The last one ... well was a bit more.  I was glad my buddy Brandon came along to finish with me.  I kept telling him it was ok to go and didn't have to stay with  me but I am glad he did..

Anyway, I did an hour on the treadmill and then spent time on weights.  Today was legs.  Three sets of the abductions and leg curls.  I was feeling a bit tired but it was a good tired.
As I was walking to the locker room I did see this lady in the mirror.  She was not at all in shape and it looked like she giggled as she walked.  Not at all pleasant to look at.  OH WAIT it's me!!  Now I remember why I don't like mirrors.  THEY LIE!! Just like the stupid scale they are both lairs lol

Nutrition was really good.  I had several temptations but I managed to get past it.  I had a my eggs for breakfast.  Grabbed a banana for a quick snack before the gym.  My mistake, for the 2nd time this week, was to go for groceries after a workout.  That tired time when I am looking for something to eat but want to rest at the same time.  Going home and cooking is the last thing I really want to do.  The old me yells "just grab some chips to eat on the way home".  I dearly miss my friends.  The have the right amount of salty and crunchy.  Probably they love me way to much and stay with me much longer than I can for them to.  I could have grabbed a bag of chips.  No the small bad would make sense but if I am paying a $1 for something I want my moneys worth so I get the big bag.  I always tell myself I am going to pace myself but that doesn't happen.  I'm tired.  I'm not paying attention to what all I am doing.  And before I know it the whole bag is gone.

Today was fun.  I stopped in Aldi cuz ... well they have some good prices on a few things that ARE healthy.  Problem with this store, I realized more loudly today, the first I isle I walk down (not a choice for others to get in the store) is probably the worst isle for me to go down.  CHIPS!!! All the way to the back of the store.

I got past that point and made it to where I needed to be.  I had to past one more test, breakfast muffins.  I made it past them, I thought.  Eggs, I need EGGS. I love eggs for $.99 with only a limit of 4 I'm on it when I go here.  Problem was that it's right by the muffins.  As if that wasn't bad enough there was an elderly gentleman getting eggs too.  He seemed to take forever, probably cuz the muffins were calling my name.
Good news I made it out of the store with my eggs and some fresh veggies.  Oh and my main item, ground turkey.  I so love this stuff.

So another day behind me and I did well.  I only made one trip to the gym but it was a good one.  The food choices were good.  I'm ready for bed, tomorrows a new day.

1 comment:

  1. That first isle at Aldi is a killer. And they set up the store so you must enter that way. There's only one thing on that isle i need--maybe some black olives or salt and pepper--otherwise i put my head down and get through it...It is loaded with many, MANY of my weaknesses... Great job at the gym and in battling the compulsions... You are rocking it, Genie. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete