Saturday, January 18, 2014

1-18-14

ok so in case I get distracted later with what I have planned (if I live long enough) I may not make it back tonight.  I don't want to get behind but I may make a second post later too.
As I said yesterday wasn't that great of a day.  I woke up determined that I was going to work really hard today.  Not so much a last chance workout, I am going to try and do that tomorrow after church before I have to weigh in.
Temptation hit me before I made it out of the house.  Not just the temptation of what food to eat but also to not make the workouts like I really want.  I did good on both.  Healthy breakfast and a really good workout.
I made it to the gym and used a new method my trainer had told me about.  The HIT method ... something about High Intense Training or something.  I don't know but I know what I am suppose to do.  It pushed me to step up a notch on the treadmill.  In doing so I come to realize not only did the hour seem to go quicker but I also didn't feel like I was going to die.  As I was doing this I kept thinking back to when I was training for my last 5k.  Most of the days I wanted to die after I did an hour on the treadmill.  Not only did I feel like I was going to die, I was doing a slower pace and didn't make it as far.  So I have said my goal is to finish it in under an hour.  If I can keep up my pace like I did on the first hour on the treadmill I might get close.  Again I really just hope to finish but I have a goal past that too.
As I was finishing up my HIT hour the girls were ready to leave.  I started to shower with them but realized I wasn't ready to leave.  I went back to hit the weights for a few.  I did two stations for three sets working on my abs.  I thought I would just walk a lil bit till  they were ready.  I figured maybe 15-20 minutes and a slow pace to get a lil more cardio in.   Oh did I forget to mention?  I am talking about two 19 yr old girls.  Who was I kidding?  After realizing they were going to be in there for a bit.  I had already told myself I would finish at 45 minutes or when they came out, which ever came first.  As it was it was about the same time.  I had less than 1 min when my daughter came out.  My legs felt a lil like wet noodles but I made it to the locker room and gave them $$ to stop for lunch.  They stopped at Subway and I gave them my order.  They were sweet enough to bring it to my car for me to take home and rest.
Oh did I also forget to mention that I made a deal with my daughter?  The deal was that if I bought lunch she had to make sure that I would do a SECOND workout.  We will see if she goes with me.  I WILL go back today.
I made it home and my wonderful son is here visiting so I sweet talked him into making me a MUCH needed foot bath at this time.  I ate my half of sub and soaked my feet and here I lay.  Oh yeah I need to go put laundry in the dryer.  I wonder if I can talk someone into doing it for me ():)

Ok so rest for a lil bit more and then off to the gym again.  I can do this ...


No comments:

Post a Comment