Thursday, January 30, 2014

1-30-14

Well they say it takes 30 days to form a habit.  Today I can say I have done this at least 30 times.  It's part of my routine at the end of the day and some days at the start too.  30 days of sharing my day even if it was just a short "I had a bad day" or "I did so good I'm tired now".  30 days of tracking my food.  30 days of tracking my exercise ... or lack of it.  I can honestly say that I feel better than I did 30 day ago.  I don't know what the scale says about it but I know what I feel.  Then again scales lie so I don't talk to them much :D  Even as I write this I feel happy about this.  I can do this when I stay on track but let life get in the way and get me off track getting back can be SUPER hard for me.  Hey here I am.
Today's game plan is to meet with James my trainer and let him kick my butt while my friend Penny photos this ... I am sure she will laugh too.
Cleaning house is a MUST and then really want to get in at least one other workout.  Maybe today I will find that extra class ... yoga? zamba? Bodypump?  Or maybe get back to the pool for some water aerobics.  I know that is they plan but funny thing is I find my days off are harder to get in a workout.  Why is that?  I have the WHOLE day to do it.  I can get up on any work day ... do a 8-10 hr shift AND get in a workout quicker than if I am sitting at home.  Why? Because I procrastinate.  I have it down to a science really.  Even getting off to work I do this.  Why do I get there?  There is a price.  The price of keeping a much needed job to support me.  The price of my pay check.  It's not a choice if part of life.  You would think I could make myself be better about my health in the same way.  Let's face it if I were better about that would I be at the weight I am now?  Come guys, I said I have it down to a science, I didn't say it was a good science ():)
So my new goal?  Find someone to kick my hinney in gear on my days off.  I have three whole days ... THREE that I have NO real excuses on a regular basis to no get in at least two workouts.  Even if one is just taking a walk for at least 30 min.  Who's gonna kick me.  I can't seem to get it going to form that habit.  Anyone?  I may fuss at ya but I tell my trainer every time "I hate you"  he smiles and say my favorite three words.
Ok so I may be procrastinating right now I'm not sure.  I don't have to be at the trainer till 11 so what could I do?  Oh look for the extra class ... thanks ... gotta go 

No comments:

Post a Comment