Sunday, January 26, 2014

1-26-14

I work up this morning feeling blessed.  Yesterday was very challenging but I love a good challenge.  I managed to get out and COMPLETE another 5k.  I felt like someone ran over my feet but I managed to finish.  It's pretty cool that the only part of me, this time, that really hurt was my feet.  I know that will change as the weight comes off.  I am going to keep going.  I feel dead at the time but it feels GOOD to finish one. 

 I am also super proud of my daughter Afton for not only participating with me but she completed it while running across the finish line.  I can't wait til March when I get to do my next one when Afton and I will have my future daughter in law join us.  We will be doing the Run or Dye in Lawton.  Stay tuned for details  lol 

As if that wasn't enough of a rush one of my favorite things to do is spend time with family and friends.  I am really thankful that I had a couple of friends that really looked out for me during the 5k.  Theresa and Dawn you guys are a blessing for me.  After Dawn finished her run she came back and walked with me and kept me encouraged to keep going.  I joked several times about quitting or cutting across the track but I could have never done that.  I would not have been able to sleep.  I hurt but I felt good too.

By the time I was ... ahhmmm rested? My niece and her beautiful,silly girl had joined us for the evening.  So I had not only my kiddos with me and I had half of my favorite extended family with me.  I love those guys.  We all went out for dinner.  This is always a challenge for me to make the healthy choices.  But I did good this time.  I was full and even left stuff on the plate.  That doesn't happen a lot of the time.  Laughing with the people I love is one of the best feelings I can have. 

I didn't get in as much cardio as I had been but I was ok with that.  I had a good day.  I was up moving.  I got to spend time with my family.  There are so many out there that don't have that privilege to be able to have either of these.  Thank you God for all the blessing I have been able to enjoy in my life.
Just an extra morning note to those who are reading.  Today is a new day and it's time to get started.  Love yourself enough to care for yourself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment