Saturday, January 11, 2014

1-10-14

so I'm late posting this from yesterday. The day didn't start of finish like I had planed but still a good day.  
The start was some what outta my control and got me off where I wanted to be.  The end ... well I had company and wasn't going to be rude and stop here.  I really had a good day.
Even though it was a late start I got a lot accomplished.  I did some shopping but that too slowed me down cuz I couldn't find what I was looking for and it took me more than planned stops.  So I didn't do a morning workout.  I am ok with this, after all I did get a lot of walking in around the stores looking what I couldn't find.  Yes I asked apparently everyone else beat me to it lol
After picking my daughter up from work we, yes we, were off for a workout.  I had my first meeting back with my trainer since mid summer.  I got my hinney kicked ... well actually more like popped when I stepped off the resistance band hehehe.  We had fun.  
I had talked to him about setting up something I could do at home for when I, for some crazy reason, don't make it to the gym I would still be able to work it baahhhbe :)
We also got in a lil boxing.  I love the boxing.  I can think about someone that has ticked me off and get it going.  Also some days I just think about kicking my own butt and this crazy weight.  That makes me punch harder.  The duck and dive in my mind is like keeping the bad choices from getting to me.  If all I have time to do is react to what I see is coming at me I learn to cover myself and duck away from it.  
I have to say I was sooo proud of my daughter too.  She killed it on each station that he gave us.  She's trying to get skinny for her wedding in June.  So now we both have something that we can do with or without a gym workout.
After the gym stopped by and signed up for the 5k to support the Food Bank on the 25th of this month.  Anyone want to join we could go as a team.  It would be fun.  
Then off to lunch and a treat with orange leaf.  Then back to shopping.  We were still on a quest for the "missing" items but had come up with some alternatives that would work.  So still more walking.
We had planned on going for a mid night workout but that didn't happen.  I had been awake since 5:30 that morning and I just couldn't hold my eyes open.  She cheated and took a nap while I had company.  I believe the last thing I heard from her last night was "hey mom let's get up early and workout.  We can be there by 7"  I do remember telling her to set an alarm but here it is 7:30 and I am writing and she is sleeping.  I don't think she did.
It's all good though I know we WILL get there at least once today.  Also got housework that needs to be done so there's no time to sit still.  
We did finish off the nights nutrition really well.  I love how she keeps asking me about things that will be good to eat and getting her to try new things.  She has always been a picky eater but she is really trying.  I am so proud of her.  
My craving was shrimp.  A lil olive oil and balsamic vinegar cooked till shrimp was warmed and the fluid reduced .. mmm mmm good.  Then I really had to try the salad I seen the other day.  Avocados, cucumbers and tomatoes seasoned and tossed it with a lil balsamic vinaigrette and my taste buds were in heaven.  Top it off with some steamed broccoli .... mmaaahhval darln.

I had a great day with my daughter and we had a good healthy day.  No time for regrets only looking forward to where we are going.    

No comments:

Post a Comment