Saturday, February 1, 2014

2-1-14

     Today we did early weigh in.  My first reaction wasn't one of excitement.  I was hoping to see a higher number.  My friends that were there to weigh in at the same time was very encouraging about it. I had worked a lot harder this last two weeks and really wanted something more to show for it.

     So how much?  5.4 lbs  This is much better than my last weigh in.  After the weigh in had lunch with my daughter and fellow contestant/friend Dawn.  We did talk a bit and I was ok with the loss from the stand point of health but still really wanted a bigger number for the contest.

     As the day went on I had to remind myself that I have plenty of NSV that I am really happy with.  Not to mention since I went to the dr on 12-30 I have lost 22 lbs.  WOW That made me smile.  So even though from the stand point of the contest only 8 lbs I have done good the past month from a healthy stand point.  That is the most important reason for it all.

The past two weeks I have pushed ahead more than I had the prior two weeks.  I didn't do any skip days.  I added some more intensity to my workouts and plan on adding some classes to the next two weeks.  I have gotten my endurance up and plan to keep adding more to push myself harder the next weeks to come.

I can honestly say I am sore.  Over the past three days I not only pushed up the intensity I made sure I got in more than one workout a day.  My usual weekly work day goals are focused on cardio.  Thursday I had a great workout with my trainer doing a boxing session.  Friday I got up and headed out to the gym for an hour of cardio and then off to my trainer.  There we did work on upper body doing free weights.  That evening back to the gym for a 45 minute ride on the bike.

Today we had an option of doing our weigh in early so I was off to a last chance workout before I went to the weigh in.  I was a bit uneasy about doing the combat class but I wanted to change up at least one more thing.  The class was great.  It gave me that extra time I much needed to do an full body workout.  

Tonight my body hates me.  No not so much my body as my muscles that I have been letting just exist.  I pushed them to limits that were much needed.  I feel it from my neck to my ankles.  It in pain ... but it's that good pain that I can live with.  I can say I am happy with my progress.  I haven't done any big leaps and bounds but step by step I have come down 22 lbs this month.  I am happy for that.  Who's gonna join me?

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of your progress. Remember the graph has big drops & then lulls or even slight gains, but the as long as the graph line moves downward, you're good. Look at the overall picture whether you have a weekly gain or loss. Wonderful news on the loss, though.

    ReplyDelete