Sunday, February 2, 2014

2-2-14

Today took some risks at cooking some old favorites a healthier way and, in my opinion, it turned out pretty good.  Still need a few tweaks but I was happy with the results.  

I love stuffed jalapenos.  But let's face it they have either sausage or hamburger ... or in my case sometimes both.  Not the best choice of meats.  Not to mention the cream cheese.  Even the low fat isn't all that healthy for ya.  So my changes, I used ground turkey and Greek yogurt to make it a bit healthier.  Probably still not the best of healthy choices but it's closer than it was :D

With the weather keeping me in I decided to have an easy day.  I had pushed myself pretty hard the past few day, with no regrets, and my body was crying about it.  Thursday had my boxing session.  Friday before my weight session with  my trainer I did an hour of cardio on the bike.  Later that evening went back and did more cardio.  Saturday started off with combat class.  COMBAT?? Who does this stuff??  Well I did as a last chance work out.  All these muscles that have been sitting around on vacation got a workout.  I am sore but I love it.  Today I gave them a rest.

Waking up with "nothing" to do I got creative.  I did some house work.  I did my experimental cooking, which of course meant more cleaning up after it.  Took food over to my future son in laws house for dinner and watch my Peytie Pie.  Yes I can say that was the most disappointed I think I could be in a game.

Back home I got all the food put away.  Dishes are done.  Lunch and snacks ready for tomorrow.  Gym bag packed for after work.  Pre-work out snack tucked away in it.  Now I am ready to start a new week.  I am trying to get in the habit of getting EVERYthing ready the night before.  Also will need the extra time to scrape ice/snow from the car before work since I never drove today.

So it was a nothing day but I got things accomplished.  I feel good.  This week my challenge is to add at least one new class ... pump? another combat class?  Zumba?  I don't know, we'll see when that time comes.  Who's gonna join me?

ok here is a link that I have been introduced to that helped me find the nutritional value of the foods I have been changing up.

http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php



No comments:

Post a Comment