Sunday, February 9, 2014

2-9-14

Writing early today while I take a break.  It's been really good so far.  Man what a difference my meds make when I take them. lol  

The day started a bit earlier than I had planned on.  I guess when I was setting my alarm I set one alarm for an hour earlier than I had planned on getting up.  This was ok because I once again had a good nights sleep.  Took my night time meds and slept better than a baby ... no waking up every two hours lol

I had plenty of time to wake up.  Roam the house and read my devotional before I had to get ready for church.  I even had time to cook omelettes for my daughter and I.  Oh and I even got my dishes washed before I had to get ready for church.  Yeah me!!

After church we hit the new restaurant Wasabi.  I was a lil hesitant but I did really well.  The fried rice was the "worst" thing on my plate.  Salad, "soup", steamed veggies, shrimp and scallops.  YUM YUM YUM!!  I am spot on for my calories for the day.  I have shrimp and veggies planned for dinner and I am pretty sure I can stay in check.  Even after a stop off at Orange Leaf. :D

Then a short break and off to the gym.  It was a class for the core but I didn't keep up as well as I wanted to.  It has a lot of things that I had to be on my knees.  I just tried to keep moving along.  I'm happy about it.  Today I am not beating myself up.  

Today I did start using my heart rate meter just to see how many calories I had been burning.  I had talked with a friend about it and she stated it was a lot less than what I had been tracking per MyFitnessPal.  I was really shocked to see just how MUCH different.  My HRM, which has a strap checking my heart beat, was about half what MFP charted me at.  Sooooo I now know that I really  have to step it up.  I just thought I was doing ok.  Well better than nothing at all but at least now I can get a better sight at what I need to be doing to get this weight off. 

Some days I look at where I am and really don't like it.  Some days, like today, I am able to look back to just a month ago and realize how far I have come.  A month ago I wasn't in a regular gym routine.  A month ago I wasn't logging my food to keep up with what I was doing.  

Each week this past month I have found some way to step up a notch.  This week is no different.  My goal this week is to add at least two classes.  I really loved the combat class that I did Friday but unfortunately can't find two other evenings that I am able to get to it.  I will still be doing that one on Fridays in addition to at least an hour session with my trainer.  Fridays and Saturdays are suppose to be multiple workout days.  My goal:  Tuesdays and Thursdays I will be adding the classes and then just cardio on the rest of the nights.  Saturday I am sure I can find a class as well as being able to get in some cardio.  Time has come to kick this thing in the hinney.  Who's with me?



No comments:

Post a Comment