Friday, February 7, 2014

2-7-14

wowza wowza wowza.  I think my tired is sore.  Today was super busy but I loved it.  After 4 hours of OT at work it was off to my trainer.  After James put me thru a boxing session, today we hit the weights.  Legs ... arms ... back we hit all of it.  I felt great. Tired but good.  Then again the tired is partly from missing one of my meds.  I MUST pick them up tomorrow.

After a short rest and a bite to eat I was off for more punishment.  I mean workout lol.  I was about to talk myself out of it but I am soooo glad I didn't.  Combat class was great.  Tara' kicked it.  As you know by now I love boxing and this had a lot of the moves I do with my trainer and then some.  She had kicking included.  Now I didn't say I kick, at least not well.  I will some day just wait and see.


Today working out wasn't the hard part.  I am getting the hang of it now.  Nutrition is what haunts me everyday.  I know that I need to eat but I know I need to control it too.  Breakfast piece of cake. No not
"A" piece of cake but it was easy choices.  Lunch thought I was doing ok but over did it a bit.  Carl's Jr for a grilled chicken.  I SPECIFICALLY said NO!!!!!!! sauce.  They almost got that right.  I was to tired to go back and fuss at them.  Not to mention the sweet potato fries.  Way to many calories but I ate um.


After looking at my calorie intake it was part of what motivated me to make it back to the gym.  Thinking at this point I was doing pretty good little did I know my biggest challenge was still ahead.  I had planned on after class I would go do some light cardio at Planet Fitness.  I even went there.  I sat in the parking lot for a few minutes catching up on MyFitness pal.  I was feeling pretty tired and ended up talking myself into coming home.  I got in TWO good hours of working out and I was ok with not going for round three.  


I made it home to hungry kids.  Ok I was hungry too.  After a shower off to iHop.  I could not make up my mind.  There were plenty of choices that weren't so crazy and I wanted to choose them, I really did.  The struggle came in when I kept looking at the calories of each dish and comparing it to my calorie burn for the day.  At this point I was making deals in my head.  I can eat this if I go back and workout for this amount of time.  The waiter is there and waiting for me to decided.  The kids were waiting for me to decide.  This was the worst moment I can think of what almost happened.  I wanted to cry.  I wanted to kick myself.  Why didn't go one more round to the gym.  Why didn't I just cook at home.  Wasn't it bad enough that have had crazy cravings for some of the old stuff I use to eat.  Then I can't believe what happened next.  " I don't think I want anything"  I couldn't decide.  


I did finally get some eggs, turkey bacon and wheat toast.  Even that put my calories higher than I had wanted for the day.  I was still "under" for what my MyFitnessPal says I am suppose to be eating.  For that matter I was in the range that I want to stay within.  Why was this so hard for me?  Why did I feel like I should have done more?  I lost sight of what is important.  The competition side of me came out and I was being hard on myself.  I need to find a balance with the healthy life I want and doing well with the contest.  I want to do well but not at the expense of not being healthy.  


Tomorrows plans are somewhat like today.  Workout, clean house, workout.   Rest an eat some where along the way.  Say a prayer for me.  This is hard no matter how you look at it.  Thanks again for all your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment