Tuesday, February 4, 2014

2-3 and 2-4

What a day this has been.  I kept feeling like I needed to make up for yesterday but fighting holding back some so that I didn't over work myself.  Good thing the battery died on my phone or I might have kept going :D

If you have been following my blog you will see that I didn't post yesterday.  This is only the 2nd time that has happened.  Wait wait I have a great excuse .... I was sick.  No sick of life or the gym.  Real sick :(
I woke up just after 4 am yesterday and my tummy was not happy with me for some reason.  I was not happy with it either, it kept me awake.  I got back to sleep about time to get up for work.  This was something I REALLY didn't want to do but there was not getting out of it.  There were no options for calling in so I toughed it out for the day.  I kept trying to tell my body that if I could make it thru the work day I could surely do at least 30 minutes of cardio.  My body responded ... aaahhh NO!!

I came home and had an easy meal ... ahhmm bran flakes.  Not sure that was the best option under the circumstances but it wasn't harsh on it.  I don't think I ever really moved after that.  By the time I got home and settled on that for dinner it was about 7:30.  I lay here thinking I will do a blog in a few minutes.  Next thing I remember my daughter coming in to get a pair of pants to return to Wal-Mart couldn't even tell ya what time it was.  Next thing I knew it was midnightish and I seen my daughter was home and went back to sleep till just before my alarm went off at 5:30 this morning.

Today I was feeling better overall.  I made healthy choices on my nutrition and I got to the gym for a good "work day" workout.  There was part of my wanting to make up for yesterday but the smarter side of me held  back.  I don't want to push so hard that I end up setting myself back where I am not able to get to the gym.

I started on the treadmill.  I was going to just do a short 15-20 minute walk at a slow pace.  I did this for ooohhh 4:38 minutes till a song came on that made my feet want to dance.  I am sure at this point, to the average eye, I looked pretty funny.  I can't say I was dancing on the treadmill, we all know by now I do good just walking on it.  But I did add a lil fun step in there with it.  I kept the pace up between 2.5 and 3 for the next 20 minutes.  I couldn't help it ... KLOVE had some good songs on.  So much for a casual warm up walk ():D

When I finished my "walk" I wanted to do weights.  It seem like every place I wanted to go someone else was already there.  I ended doing a few stations in the back and leg room.  I went to the do some stretching but about that time my battery died on my phone.  Of course I need some music to keep going ... doesn't everyone?  I went for my backup battery and when I got back .... yeah you guess it ... someone was on my station.  At this point I gave up on doing any weights or strengthening and headed off the the bikes.   

Ok so I don't want to over work.  I did a pretty good pace, for me, on the treadmill so I will do the easy cool down on the bike.   Stop laughing!! I was gonna.  Really I was.  Ok so it, like the treadmill, wasn't so causal.  I would check my heart rate and push the speed up.  I keep telling ya'll, for me getting there is the hard part.  Stopping or slowing down is even harder once I do get there.

I did make myself stop after 30 minutes on the bike.  My knee was already not happy with my "walk" on the treadmill but now my ankle wasn't happy with me at this point.  So off to the house for a shower and dinner.  

After my shower I had salad with chicken  Not to be confused with chicken salad.  Something quick easy and low cal.  I had already had enough carbs for the day so I tossed some chicken, lettuce and tomatoes in a bowl with a little balsamic vinaigrette and that was dinner.  

So today I held back from doing to much to make up for yesterday.   Lunch was my challenging meal for the day but I found a grilled chicken sandwich at Braums (only half bun) with only a couple of fries.  I still can't believe I tossed them in the trash.  Yeah I had a good day.  How bout you?  Wanna join me at the gym tomorrow?  I'm thinking of going to Geared Up Fitness and getting in a class or two this week.  Tara you wanna kick my hinney?  Bring it on :D







No comments:

Post a Comment