Wednesday, February 5, 2014

2-5-14

What do you find harder to hold on to....motivation (i.e. staying positive, keeping a fresh perspective) or endurance (i.e. the strength to go on...the strength to eat right...the strength to make it to the gym)?

This was the question asked by the contestant leader today.  My initial reaction is eating right.  For the most part this is true ... I think.  

I could probably write a book about all the things that would help me be healthy.  It's not that I don't have the knowledge of what to do.  I have the knowledge; just getting it from my head to the rest of my body is where the fault lies.  I do really well when I can stay focused.  I get off track for even one day I am done.  I struggle with staying organized.  
I could blame it on my ADD but that is an excuse.  An excuse not in the sense that I shouldn't let it get to me.  An excuse in the sense I have to learn to overcome it.  Overcome like someone that has lost a limb.  Overcome like someone who has had to struggle to make something out of nothing.  I think of a young man that I watched grow up from a rough childhood to be a manager for a large company.  I wasn't close to him to know if he made excuse but I do know the young man I see of him now.  

Growing up I didn't know about ADD but I do understand it more these days.  I have had to learn to compensate for it and not let it hold me back.  I don't know that if that is what my biggest problem is that keeps me from being organized but I do know it doesn't help it.

After I 
initially read this question and answered I was reminded of the ADD.  It's not something I think about having.  I have trained myself how to stay focused.  Take notes in church so that I am not looking around chasing rabbits in my head.  Looking someone in the eye when I talk to them so I don't get distracted by other things in the room.  So why can't I do this with other things in my life?  Health things, ya know?  Do I want it bad enough?  hhmm :/

I was reminded of my ADD while having a conversation with a young man that I admire.  Anyone that knows me knows I love football.  I watched this kid ( I can say kid he's my sons age) play hard and leave it all on the field.  I have often thought why can't I put some of that same determination in my gym workouts that I have seen him do on the field.  Does he want it more?  Man I hate when I hear the statement "you just don't want it bad enough” really?  Why do I get upset by that?  Is it because I know deep down that if I REALLY wanted it as bad as I think I do I would work harder?  I have to tell myself the same thing I told him.  ADD just means you have to work harder at the things you don't like so you can do the things you do like.   

That's it.  I'm not an athlete nor will I ever be.  I don't have a desire to be an athlete.  I love how I feel when I get in a good workout but to say I love it?  nnaaaa  I can think of plenty of other things I would like to do.  Things that would keep me active too.  I know that I have to do this to get healthy and be able to do all the things on my bucket list (sorry that is a different blog night).  So as I told him I work harder so you can do what you love.  

So how was my day before that?  It's Wednesday.  I got up strangely full of energy and stayed that way all day.  Crazy energy lol.  Here is it is 11:15 and I should be asleep but I'm not.  I did great on my nutrition choices ... aahhmmm till the evening.  

Being it's Wednesday it's one of the two nights that I allow myself to not get in a workout.  Today it wasn't for time but I was helping a friend.  In my hurry to get everyone else taken care of I answered the right question with the wrong answer.  WHAT??  Remember a few weeks ago the Chick fil a choice?  In the middle of something and someone asked do you want? Sure???  I did it again tonight.  Wasn't really thinking about nutrition choices at the time so when I heard I'm ordering Pizza you want wings.  Sure I said as I drove off "be back in a min" I said.  WHAT?????????????????  Yeah I ate them.  I was still in my calorie range for the day.  At the same time that is not a habit I am wanting to get into.  I go back to being organized ... focus!!! oh yeah 





squirreeellllll  look ..


oh sorry yeah it happens that easy with me at times.  

I know that getting organized for me is going to be STOPPING and writing down what I want to do.  Where I want to be ... aahhmm Trista did you call that roadmap??  See I use GPS these days so I am not sure what a roadmap is.  lol   GPS ...hhmm GPS ... Good Physical Stuff? bbwwwhahaha  I have the sillies today.  Tomorrow is going to be fun.  I think I'll do it again :D   Anyone out there want to help me make this roadmap for my GPS I am all up for the help.  Anyone? you know you want to :D

I love my life.  Days can be hard but just keep going till they get better ... hmmm sounds like work harder doesn't it ... I think I am seeing a pattern :D   I'm chasing squirreeeelllllssssssssssssssss  so if you want to get my attention and keep me focus I welcome the challenge.  Nite all.  I have to do it all again tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment