Monday, January 7, 2013

Monday Jan 7, 2013 2 of 100

Wow I hurt today. I started today with the goal of getting to the gym for a workout and then doing my house cleaning workout.  Did I make it?  Let's see

This week I had told myself I was going to get serious about workouts (like I had last year) no less than 2-3 times a week at the gym.  My work schedule is 7-4, the gym opens at 5 pool at 5:30.  I had been getting to gym at 5 am before work.  Granted my work schedule was 9-6 and I have used the excuse that I didn't have as long to work out.  Key word here, AS MUCH.  This means I CAN get some time in.  Anything is better than nothing, which is what I have been doing more an more ... nothing.  I was walking on my lunch breaks before I went out on medical leave, but the past month not much of anything.  If you have read my earlier blog you know why I was out.

So my goal is to make myself be at the gym at 5 am, even after I go back to work (like I use to this time last year).  I know I can't get in the time that I want.  But the deal is that I can get a small workout in the weight room and then at 5:30 when the pool opens get in 30-40 mins a swim.  That is about half a mile with the time that I was doing today.  If I can get in that rhythm and add a longer work out on Saturdays and get this going.  Even if I miss my Saturday workout (cuz lets face it I am not going to workout on Saturdays all the time) I can still get in my weekly goal to meet my swim goal.

Ok ok I did give away that I did make it to the gym.  But you are still wondering how close I got to my goal today, aren't ya? :D

My goal was to workout at the gym as well as at home.  I did get in a good work the gym.  I did 3 sets on 3 different weight machines.  100 reps each at 50 lbs on the ab machine and seated leg curls an then 30 reps on the leg curls laying down.  I was starting to feel the burn and it was feeling good.    It was nothing compared to what I felt when I was done in the pool.  

I started my swim in the goal of swimming an hour.  Not all that hard to do for me these days, they first 15 min is the hardest.  Once I get past that first 15 min I get in the mind set of my swim.  I get my thoughts on other things.  I clear my mind.  I pray.  I plan my goals of where I want to be next week, next month and a year from now.  

As  I was getting into my swim the water instructor was there.  As I started talking to her about my swimming habits.  She seen me last year when I first started my swimming workouts.  She has seen my progress.  We started talking about some of my set backs.  Before I knew it I was agreeing to joining the "I'm gonna swim 100 miles in a year" team.  WHAT????  

Now I have not one but two 100 goals this next year.  I want to be down 100 lbs in weight and up 100 miles in the pool.  So let's break this down.  At the rate I was swimming today, if I go EVERY day and get in 30-40 min would be at least .5 miles a day.  Let's see that would 2.5 miles a week, more if I get in swim time on Saturdays too.  Ok 2.5 miles a week x4 weeks aahhh 10 miles a week... right??  So 10 miles a month x12 months oh wait that would be more than 100 huh? lol

I can break down the weight loss in the same way.  I am not going push myself any harder than that.  As much as I would like to say 100 lbs by the time my daughter graduates in May.  I would like to say I will be down the 100 lbs by Sept for my birthday.  But I don't want to make goals like that.  I tried making those kind of goals two years ago when I started this off.  I got upset at times when hit plateaus and felt like I missed my goal.  I have to figure in a place for the set backs, we all have them.  I know there will be good and bad days.  I know that my swim time may vary some too but there will be good days that I can make it up.

So I did make it to the gym and got a good work out in but I did not get house work done.  By the time I got out of the pool I had a phone call that got my on a different track.  I did manage to get a lot of things done that needed to be, but not house work.  

Yeah I had a good day and I was tired by the time I got back home.  My body hurt and I made the mistake of sitting down for a few minutes.  I ended up falling sleeping for a bit but I feel good about the day.

I got goals and plan to stay on it.  Stand back, say a prayer an cheer me on .. that matter come join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment