Tuesday, January 22, 2013

1-22-13 4 of 100

Well I am falling behind here but not on my journey.  I am doing more than I have in a while, even though some of my day to day challenges are not always met.  I am feeling better about all the time about where I am going on this journey.
Last week I made my goal of going to the gym at least 3 times a week.  I didn't swim all of the two mile goal but since I was ahead from the week before it's all good.  That was the plan any way .. wasn't it? :D
Food choices are getting better.  I am spending my calorie bank in more healthy ways.  I have a new FAV place to eat out.  Genghis Grill.  They have some wonderful healthy options there.  I can eat, and get FULL, for 500 calories or less.  Just have to remember to stay away form the last page.  You what they always ask if you are leaving room for don'tcha?  I only indulged one time for a few bites.  I promise the kids ate the rest.
I am trying to shake off the old self that I beat myself up if I miss even one goal.  Yes my goal was to swim at least 2-2.5 miles a week.  I didn't make it but I was by no means just sitting around letting the weight catch up to me.  I am going to run away from that stuff as fast as I can.  
Friday was the last gym workout that I had but the weekend was busy.  Saturday I went with my daughter to a powerlifting meet.  Man that is great to watch the kids get in there a lift.  I ran around (not actual running) the gym trying to get from station to station to take pix of the kids.  That lasted about 5 hrs of me on my feet time.
Sunday after church I went to my new fav place to eat.  After that my daughter wanted to go for pedi and he super boyfriend treated us both to that.  Since the only place open on Sunday to get one is in the mall that is where we went.  You know how it is when you go to the mall .. you WALK!!  Doesn't everyone??  I didn't have my Fitbit with me so not sure how many steps I took but by the end of the day I was tired.  Dinner wasn't the most healthy choice but when I stopped and counted my calories I was still in range.
Monday... well Monday wasn't the best day physically that I have had here lately.  I did GREAT on my calories even had some left over at the end of the day.  Sunday evening wasn't great, long story short I didn't get much sleep. I was really tired and didn't want to go to work yesterday but I did.  I was glad I was still on half days.  I wanted to go to the gym when I got off but the day started off wrong and I never really got on track.  
My plan was to swim when I got off work but I didn't have time to pack my bag.  By the time I would have been able to get back home after work and then go to the gym I would not have gotten that much time in to swim so I called in off.
  I know I know " not that much".  There it is again.  I could have gone. Should have gone.  But I didn't.  I went and returned some jeans that I had gotten that were to big, came home and took a short nap and went to the store with a friend.  Today is make up time.  Today I will get my hour swim in an then time with my trainer.  I am sure once I  help my friend clean at her house and then clean on my house I will have more than made up for it all.
So stand back, say a prayer and cheer me on.  You can also join me if you like :D





No comments:

Post a Comment