Tuesday, January 29, 2013

1-29-13 7/100

Challenges everywhere!!



The past 24 hours have been a whirlwind for me and the best part I can't talk about yet.  This may kill me lol   

I have not been to the gym all week and I am starting to feel it.  Saturday was the last good workout I had.  Sunday I did get a mile walk in before I did photos of the teams practice.   The rest of the week has been my walking from the back of the parking lot at work and taking the stairs.  Granted this is better than what I was doing two years ago but for me to really move ahead I need a "workout" in.  Gotta get the blood pumping and feel the sweat.

Even though I have not gotten to the gym I have been watching my calories.  (hhmm sounds like I am trying to justify not going to the gym doesn't it?)   I am still keeping in the count but I really have to work on buying my calories more wisely.  I do a healthy breakfast and also a sensible lunch but the evenings get me.  I keep finding reason to  ... well eat.  I know I need to eat but sometime I feel like I am doing it because I know I'm suppose to not always because I am hungry.  Does that makes sense?  

Last night I was way under my calories for the day.  About 8 last night I was sitting at Texas Roadhouse (great place for a steak) with ... well with someone (it's top secrete for now lol)  I love a good rib-eye steak I just never really realized how many calories were in one.  I was good even with that.  I had sweet potato, yes with butter :D don't look at me like that you would dont it too.   I only had one roll .... ok ok two rolls with the cinnamon butter.  You gotta understand how good these things are. yyyuummm.  By the time I had added up my calories I had spent 1,000 on that meal.  Yeah I had them to spend so I didn't "over do" but I have to watch myself eating at night like that.  I know it's not good to eat and then go to bed.  So I read a book lol

Part of the whirlwind that I have been having are with cars.  We are playing musical cars I guess you could say.  3 of 4 people that are fixtures at my house have not changed cars.  All for the better.  In other I now have the newest car of all of them .... bbbwwwhahahahah :D and selling my current one.  It all feel into place in a way that only God could do.  So we have been a buzz with getting everyone the right vehicle and doing the bank thing with it all .. annnddd well you know how that can go.  I have also been helping out a friend, but I can't tell ya about ... yet ():D  don't worry soon ... I promise


My fun challenge today that I am sooo proud of myself about.

Tonight's dinner was on the run.  After calculating up how many calories I could spend on dinner I place me order at Taco Bell.  A cheesy gordito and two tacos.  I didn't pay attention to how much they charged me, I had my mind on other things I was thinking ( I know it hurts but sometimes I do it.) I have a special place I like to sit by the water and think so I headed there.  Nope wasn't hiding, just thanking.  I sat and thunked while I ate.  When I got home to toss the trash they bag seemed heavy.  Did they really put a BUNCH of sauce after I told them I wanted NONE again??  Nope they put in TWO of the Gorditos. (490 calories each)  Yes I admit I was tempted to eat it, after all Momma said don't waste good food.  I even looked back at my app to see if I still have enough calories to spend.  I even told myself I have 232 calories I can take a few bites can't I?  Then I hear the voices (stop it!!)  " Why would you eat even one bit?  You already said you were full.  Just because they messed up and gave you to much doesn't mean you have to eat it"  So what did I do?  I ate the WHOLE thing .......



 NOTTTTTT!!! 

 It's in the frig.  YEAH ME!!!  I am sure my son will find it when he comes in, but for now I DID NOT EAT IT.  


I guess I have come a long way.  I can remember a time that I would have ate it and rationalized every moment of it.  Today I didn't.  We all have that lil voice and today I listened to it.  I was full.  I didn't need to eat ALL my calories to make it a good day.  They messed up not me. 

Even though things feel like they are spinning around I realize that I am in control at this time more than I realize at times.  I am feeling better than I have in a long time.  I am dealing with things better.  I feel like I have gotten my focus back and I am heading in the right direction.  The time I spend in the gym helps me with this.  When I am working out I am thinking.  Just don't stand to close if I am mad and have weights in my hands lol.  So far no one has gotten hurt :D  When I am in the pool swimming I clear my head and get my thoughts processed more than any other place.

Seriously though, working out helps in so many ways.  I joke about it a lot but it's just as big a part of this journey as eating healthy and getting enough sleep.  There is no one thing that will make it easier.  You just decide you are going to do it and then hit it and don't look back.

Ok guys, time to stand back, say a prayer and cheer me on.  I am not going back!!  Who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment