Thursday, January 24, 2013

1-24-13 5 of 100

Crazy week.  hhmm what to say?  Tuesday I took my last day before going back to work full time to hit the gym.  I did a two hour swim and then went to my Trainer.  I tell James I hate him, he makes me hurt ... he just laughs.  But I keep going back.  Not only do I keep going back but I PAY him to hurt me ... somehow that doesn't sound right. lol.

Oh did I mention I lost 9 lbs this week?  I am still not convinced that it's right.  I step on the scale at the gym.  The one that I weigh on for the contest?? The one that it looks like something the Biggest  Loser would use?? You know know the one, pretty sure it's the ones they use at the post office lol.   It said I was down 9 lbs but I have the feeling that someone played with the settings.  I know I have kept busy.  I know that I have kept in my calorie count, but I have not lost 9 lbs in less than a week since ... well other than the 3 day diet that, well you know how that went ... since, hhmm I can't remember.  Oh wait yes I can, but we are not talking about that time.  I will only say it was a year and half ago.  I know it could happen but I am, for some reason, not letting myself get toooo excited about it.

I did go back to full days on Wednesday.  I made it thru two days now of working a WHOLE 8 hrs.  Man I'm tired heheh.  No I just don't like it.  It cuts into my gym time.  I did go for my walk on lunch yesterday.  The day was pretty nice and actually worked up a lil bit of a sweat.  Today had a friend wanted to walk with me.  She doesn't walk much and it was cold so we went in after one lap. aka about 10 min.  I had left the house without anything but the t-shirt I was wearing and it was a bit to cold for me or I would have walked at least one more time around.  The cold air was starting to cut into my skin.  I know I know start being more prepared.  But hey, I got to work on time that counts for something.  ():)

So many things going thru my mind these days and I am trying really hard not to let them derail me again.  I know that I feel soooo much better when I get in some exercise, even if it's only my 30 min walk.  I feel better.  I sleep better.  Over all I eat better too.  Funny huh?  Anyone else feel that way?

Part of me REALLY wants to take a day off tomorrow and just spend at the gym and working on my house.  At the same time I really don't want to take all of my vacation time at the start of the year (like so many end up doing every year).  I get almost 6 weeks time and I only have two weeks of that time planned off.  Spring break may be my stay-cation unless the kids talk me into something.  I do have the week of my birthday (labor day week) off and plan on taking a cruise then.  I have funds that will be set aside for that.   I hardly ever take a vacation much try and take TWO in one year.  Who knows maybe this year will be different.  I know the kids are getting older and it may be my last year to really spend vacation time with them.

I really want to make the most of this year.  I have several big things that will come up and I want to look, and feel great for them.  My daughter will graduate HS.  My son will graduate college.  I will have my thirty year class reunion. 
 WHAT??? 
THIRTY?? 
caps lock OMG!!! I can't believe it. That is the one that I REALLY want to look good for.  Where did the time go?  T.H.I.R.T.Y????  OMG!!!!!

Food this week has been up and down but even that I have kept in my calorie range.  I know that if I made more healthy choices, like today, I could eat better keeping in my range.

This morning can't say it was the most healthy choice but it was good.  Morning burrito with beans, potatoes, jalapenos ... to bad I didn't know they had whole wheat tortilla till I asked when I picked up my order.  Man I'm gonna be all over that one.  

Lunch, after my short walk, I had steamed veggies.  It was in the cafeteria and they can make even the most healthy choice not as healthy.  They do steam the veggies but then they end up putting them on the grill and doing something to them in that wonderful grease they call butter.  IDK but I  had a big plate of that. 

For dinner I had, well I call it chicken soup.  I had made chicken an dumplings the other night and this was some of it left over.  The dumplings were all but gone.  It was chicken an some of the broth, somethin like a cream of chicken soup but ... well not.   It was good and I had two bowls of that.  Even all that I was still way under my calorie count for the day.

I am sure one of the days I am going to get in my healthy food choices, in the calorie count AND get the exercise right ALL in ONE day.  I know I can!!!
So stand back, say a prayer and cheer me on.  I would love it if you join me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment