Saturday, January 5, 2013

1-5-13 first post of the year


ok so this is the first post that I have done this year ... in about a month :/ but here I am now.
The past month has been a real challenge for me.  As I had stated in the last post that I had been dealing with some depression and it was kicking me down.  I wish I could say I am "healed" from it but there is no real "cure all" for it just gotta learn how to deal with it.  
I wish I could say that even though I had this "set back" that I  had still done well with my journey, but I haven't.  I have had ups and down on the scale as well as with my moods.

Just before Christmas I did the 3 day military diet.  I did good with it, I lost 14 lbs.  I know you're thinking that is GREAT!!   Hold on before you throw me a party.  As I have said many times the fad diets last about as long as it took to get the results, this time was no different.  I know it's partly due to the holidays but I also know that's an excuse.  I could have controlled myself a bit better.   I just didn't do well at all this month.  Am I going to sit around an let it get to me, beat myself up?  naaa I am getting past that.  I  just have to pull myself up again and keep going.

Today gave me news that I didn't like.  I had to face the fact that they crazy three diet did pretty much nothing for me (unless you look at it as if I hadn't I would be 30lbs more right now, yeah I like that one <3 ).   I know what I have to do and I NEED to get it done.  Who's with me?

Today I did pretty good, so far.  I was up by 6 and really wanted to go back to sleep but by the time I felt this I had already been up for an hour and really trying to get out of that habit (that got out of control with the depression) and stay up all day.  By 9:00 I had done a lil cleaning around the house and found my way to the pool.  I got in a good hour swim and it felt pretty good.  I had not gotten to swim in months now, plenty of cardio but no swimming.

Since the past month I have been on medical leave for all this junk I have not been getting to the gym like I wish I could.  This week it WILL change.  I go back to work in the next week and I need to get myself going.  I will be at the gym at 7am, same as if I was at work, and get a good workout in.  Even after I go back to work I will make myself get to the gym no less than three days a week.  So again who's with me?  Who's gonna keep me on track?
Let's do this guys.  Stand back, say a prayer and cheer me on.

2 comments:

  1. In my experience, depression has certainly played a role. I'm finding focus on things that bring me joy helps tremendously. My choices with food and exercise also play a major role in my overall feelings of well being. When I'm taking care of me, it makes me want to do it more. When I'm not, it magnifies the depression because I don't like how I'm making myself feel.

    Glad you're making a commitment to yourself. Me too!
    One day at a time... One day..

    My best
    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sean thanks for the encouragement. I do try to focus on the positive but some days it's hard. I am getting it back under hand again. There was a lot of stressful things going on that just come to a head. Today was good, got in the gym and had one of the best workouts I have done in a while. I should sleep good tonite :D

    ReplyDelete