Thursday, January 31, 2013

1-31 8/100

Two hour swim and more laps than usual.
Squats on every station.
Something isn't right lol



Yesterday I WORKED out.  Today trainer James killed me.  Both days I kicked it with some good cardio.  I'm tried just thinking about it.

Yesterday I took the day off to take care of some things.  It was a good day.  I started out at the gym bright an early.  I was in the pool by 7:10 and there I stayed for THREE hours.  I did lap swim for two hours and an hour of water fitness.  I was, to say the least, tired and I still have things to do. 

Usually takes me 2 hrs to swim 1.5 miles.  Yesterday I did a lil different and it helped me to cut my time so that I got in an extra qtr mile.  1.75 most I have swam at one time since I started this.  Now when I say I did a lil different just means I did more of the laps "right" lol.  Not that I do anything wrong on a normal day but something that helped me early on to pace myself so I didn't have to stop each lap to catch my breath is something that slows me down.  

So picture this.  You ever watch the rowing teams?  The motion of the rowing their arms and moving the legs?  Now picture my back stroke like that, only laying in the water.  Ok I'll wait for you to stop laughing ... no no go on I have time. 





Why do I do that you ask?  Well I can't do a normal back stroke and well just doing the breast stroke get boring and makes me tired :) lol.  When I first started swimming I would watch and I realized there was a bit of the turtle and rabbit going on in the pool.  I am sure you can guess which one I was.  

Now this was 60 lbs ago.  My leg still bothered me A LOT even in the water.  So my way of keeping a pace without having to stop every lap, or even every length of the pool, was doing the breast stroke going down and doing my back stroke coming back.  My goal has been to be able to swim at least .25 without doing my back stroke.  Yesterday is the closet I have come. 44 laps make a mile.  I break it down in qtrs so on lap 5 and 11 I would allow myself to do my back stroke.  This cut my time more than I realized till I looked at the clock and realized I had already done a mile.  YEAH ME!!!

Today James, my trainer, thought it would be fun to put squats in almost every station.  What didn't have squats was pulling my hamstrings.  I tell him " I hate you" he laughs an says "music to my ears"  There is something wrong with this picture.

I was really excited that I got to meet his wife today.  Aketa is awesome.  I have gotten to chat with her on FB but never met in person till today.  She is such an inspiration.  No wonder they make such a great team.

After I got done there I went to the gym for some cardio.  One hour on the stationary bike logging in 11 miles. Slow for me but after all James put me thru that was a good day :D

Today good food choice.  Great work out.  Tired Genie.  Stand back , say a prayer and cheer me on.  Let's get this done

No comments:

Post a Comment