Thursday, May 31, 2012

5-31-12

Wow what a day yesterday.  Nope don't NEED a gym to get a good workout.
Ok so can't remember what all I have said about how stressful this past few weeks have been but it has been pretty rough.  Just about the time I think it's going to settle down for a bit it doesn't.  I think I went a couple of days without anything major happening.  
Tuesday night I got the call that no one likes to hear.  The message was about my Momma Pat, she was gone.  My best friend Sandy had a super mom.  She had been like a mom to me as long as I knew here.  When I lost my mom this year she was there to talk to and laugh with like I had my mom.  It definitely helped me thru that time.
So my reason for saying I don't need a gym?  What does that have to do with losing Momma Pat?  We were working on Sandy's yard.  Aside from the fact that they is a tree that is progress of getting cut down there had been lots high winds and storms over the past week. (just that time of the year in Texas)  We wanted to help clean up around the house for when the rest of the family comes in for the funeral.  The back yard was full of sticks, branches .. you know yard stuff that we could get rid of.  Two FULL truck loads we took off. We had some younger kids helping with it, but you never think about how hard raking is on ya till you do this for some time.  Two and a half hours we worked on picking limbs, sweeping the patio and organizing the porch.  I think we did a good job.  

Sandy always has a home improvement project going, now is no different.  She had a stack of patio bricks, not the lil oblong bricks you put on the house, large ones that we could only move one at a time.  Myself and one other adult moved these bricks and stacked them up where they had gotten knocked over.  About half way thru I started laughing that it was ok that I didn't make it to the gym that day "this is a much better workout".  So she said if I wanted I could come move them every day ... aahhm no!!

So just by helping out a friend with the yard work I got in as much weight/cardio workout as if I had gone to the gym for a power workout.  I am SORE today but I love it.

Today I think we will be working on the inside, I am sure that I can get in good burn going then too :D  I love helping friends out.  For all the time I made the excuse I couldn't find time to exercise all I had to do was clean house or do yard work.  

What can you find today, out side of the gym, that will give you a good workout?

No comments:

Post a Comment