Wednesday, May 30, 2012

5-30-12

ok so much for being on a roll for the everyday thing, we all knew it wouldn't last lol

I had a crazy,busy long weekend.  Saturday I got up and hit the gym bright an early.  I got in a good hour workout between the weight room and the pool.  I wanted to do more but my body was just not feeling it.  I don't know why but my muscles just felt aahhmm tired?.  I just had no energy no matter what I did.  Usually when I am in a sluggish feeling like that I can work it off in the gym and feel better but the past two weeks had taken its toll, physically and mentally.


After the gym I came home to work on photos and relax before the game.  The game was great.  The North Texas Falcons advanced to the semi-finals and I am already ready to see the game this weekend.  It's going to be a tough one but I know the boys are up for it.  

Sunday after church missed my afternoon nap.  Normally this would have been no big deal but that night I drove to Graham to spend time with my friends and hit the double feature at the drive in.  After the movies we went back to the house.  It was such a nice night that we sat outside talking for hours.  Before I knew it it was 4:30 in the morning and I still had an hour drive home.  I managed to pull in and hit the bed by 6am (later than I usually sleep in the am lol)  Monday, after my nap, spent the afternoon working up some photos then went to my sisters house for a cook out an swimming. The outside part was cut short but we had a lot of laughs anyway.  By the time Tuesday came I needed to get back to my j.o.b to get some rest lol

With as busy as the long weekend was I still managed to get in exercise and keep an eye on what I ate.  I did splurge a bit on the foods but nothing over board.  This is something that CAN be done. 
 I am so excited that two more of my friends have started on this journey.  I hear them saying some of the same things I said when I started. "I only lost 2lbs, but I don't want to find them"  I remember saying something that like almost feeling discourage and happy in the same time.  I had several people around me that had started before I did and I would hear them say they had lost 45-50 lbs and I would be jealous.  I wanted to be that person that could say that.  The day that I realized I HAD lost that 50 lbs was fantastic.

Right after I got back on track from the set back after losing mom it happened.  I went to the dr for a follow up and bam .. there is was.  I couldn't stop smiling.  Now here I am 8 months later and looking at hitting that 100 lbs mark.  Part of my wants to try an "run" to get there but my sensible side says "take it easy" and don't rush it.  No I'm not not trying, I'm just not doing anything stupid to push to that mark.  If there is one thing that I have learned (as many times I have tried it in the past), the quick fixes last about as long as it took to get the results.  As hard as it is for me to make myself believe this at times I know it's true.  I didn't get this way over night and I want to do this right and keep it off this time.  It's not a diet it's a totally change in the way I think and act.


So anyone that is starting out keep trucking ( I know they don't say that any more but I just did :D ).  



I love this, it fits perfect for those day I just don't feel like getting started. For those just getting started.  For those that haven't started.  Take that first step and the rest will follow.  Just do it one step at a time. 




Some of the NSV that I have loved to see in the past year.  I know for those who have never been morbidly obese will think some of these things are crazy but for those that have you can laugh an celebrate with me :D  and I will with you on yours 

Some of my favs:

1.Not having to struggle getting a seatbelt on.  I still don't like to wear them and if I can get by without them I do, but when I do its a lot easier.

2. Being able to buy that smaller size .. and the smaller one ..and ... ok ok you get it. (shoes too)

3. We all have those clothes that we "out grow" and hang on to for when we lose the weight again.  Well I am past those now.  I honestly don't have anything that really fits.  

4. Being able to sit in any chair, any place and not be uncomfortable or worrying if it's going to break. ( a booth at a restaurant)  oh and sitting at a booth with my legs crossed ... for that matter being able to cross my legs again lol


5.  I can tie my shoe lol.  No really some days it was a chore.  Now I can pull my leg up in front of me (without getting winded) and tie my shoe.  Stand up with ease and walk out the door.

An last one prob my fav of favs. I found my lap ... I know skinny people I laugh too .. but it's funny for me cuz I lost it for way to long.

I was making the long drive home from Dallas after a game one night and looked down an realized I could see my leg.  Not around my belly.  Not just from the knees down but my leg from toe to hip.   I started laughing I couldn't help it :D  A bit later and I was at Momma Doris' house.  We were sitting at the table about to eat dinner.  She looked over and saw me smiling and asked what was I smiling so big about.  I didn't realize I was, but I was looking down at the floor, my lap, I looked up to her " Momma Doris I found my lap"  She laughed with me cuz she too knows how that feels


We all take things for granted in life.  Most of the time we don't realize what we have till its gone.  As I sit here and type this I realize that is another reason for me not to rush through this journey.  If I lose to fast I might miss some of the fun NSV in my life.  Take that first step and then the next ... you'll get there and I will too.  Enjoy all the victories no matter how big or small they may seem.

No comments:

Post a Comment