Saturday, May 19, 2012

5-19-12

Well my plan to get a good nights sleep didn't happen but no regrets.  I got to bed around 3ish.  I know that they last time I looked at the clock it was 3 and it wasn't long after that that I don't remember much.  My alarm went off at 7am and I woke up aaaaannnd set it for another hour.  I never went back to sleep but I did lay there for about 30 more minutes.  After laying there for that time I decided to pack my gym and get going.  When I went it my room, which was a MESS, decided to go thru some of my clothes.  I had several loads laying on my bed to hang up.  Yes I said sever LOADS.  I know I know but I am on the run so much that I just didn't get it done.  That and I really keep thinking I am going to go thru all this stuff to get rid of what I can wear.  The good thing about the statement "things I can't wear" is not a good thing for me.  I have now gone thru all the "I'm going to hang on to these till I lose weight" clothes and realized I have nothing that really fits me.  I do have a few things that my friend Sandy got me when she went on one of her shopping sprees, but they are just not there yet.  I can wear them but I am not comfortable in them ... and they are long sleeve.  I am sure that they will make good come colder weather, if it ever gets cold again.

After getting all my clothes hung up or in the laundry I realized that most of the shirts I have to wear are T-shirts.  For those who know me very well know I never really like wearing T-shirts.  Why do I have so many now?  My best choice, they are cheap lol.  I can get one for a couple of bucks at Wal-Mart and I have the really special ones that have some kind of event logo on them and were FREEE :D

With the way I am losing I really don't want to go shopping and spend any REALLY big amount of money right now.  I really don't have money like that right now either.  I am not at the weight I want to be so why spend a lot on something that, hopefully, won't fit me in a month.  Ok and I am not the normal woman. Don't tell anyone this, but I really don't like shopping. Even when I was at my best and didn't have a hard time finding things to fit, I just never like shopping.   


Anyway, after I got the clothes hung up and a load in the washer I was off to Wal-Mart an to the gym.  Nope I didn't get another t-shirt :D  I spent 30 min in weight room and then 30 min on bike and swam for an hour.  Not what I really wanted for today ( I say that to much, does that mean I am a quiter or I set my goal to high? hhhmm) but a good workout just the same.   

My day started off from what I wanted it to be and just keeps going.  Late start, skipped breakfast, workout less than I wanted to.  This is not a good pattern.  But I keep moving I guess that is better than sitting around doing nothing.  I will be on my feet all night at the game so all in all I will have had a really active day.

Aside from my challenge this week I am trying to set a goal of sleeping.   Remember when we were younger and we use to make a game outta who could stay away longer?  I think I did that way to much.  I remember thinking it was funny to say " I was up for 18 hrs without sleep".  I realize more and more just how important sleep is for you.  No, not just cuz I'm getting old >:/  


I have read it, heard it and lived this:  You can't run a car on empty and you can't push your body like that either.  I know this usually geared toward eating habits but lets think about that for a moment.  Think about the last time that you didn't get a good night sleep, can't sleep-toss n turn- not feeling well, how did you really feel the next day.  I'm not talking after your 8th cup of coffee or your 3rd energy drink.  I am talking just getting up and going.  You can't function like you need to.  Even if you do stimulate yourself with these things you are still not at your best.  You may be awake, but you are not really alert.
I am realizing from the journey this time that when I do not get enough rest I usually make poor choices.  I don't take time to plan my meals.  I don't feel like exercising (which would actually wake me up, but that is another blog).  I grab food on the run usually not thinking about better choices, more so because I am running late and I don't have the time to find the right foods.  We walk in the convience store and grab a cup of coffee or soda and there it is ... junk food ... donuts, chips, hot dogs, danish.  Not say it never ok to eat these things but take time to plan when you are going to do them.  When you didn't sleep the night before is not the best time to grab and run and lets face it, that is what we do.  Or worse, like I did this morning, skip eating all around.  I tried to run my body on empty an by the time I was done with my workout I didn't feel the same satisfaction as I do when I am resting the way my body needs.   We need rest, exercise and watch what we eat, it's a package deal.

Today, when I was lifting weights, I thought about the Myths and Truths of weight training.  I am think my next weeks blogs will be over some of that.  Whadda ya think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment